Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Starting my Journey 1-1-14







Greetings all - I have to admit I might just be as nervous about this blog as I am about running my first Marathon, but you know what you just need to put one foot in front of the other right?

So let me tell you a little bit about myself, I am 42 years old and began running 2 years ago. Running really has changed my life. I started running 2 years ago to cross "Running a Half Marathon" off my Bucket List. I can proudly say that I was able to accomplish that by running the Colfax Half Marathon on May 18, 2013 with a time of 2:43:48. Not too bad. In the past year I have completed  2 more half marathons. In the 2 years since I started this healthy lifestyle, I have lost 65 pounds. Not only do I run, but I do yoga, swimming, biking, and cross fit. I can not believe how far I have come. If you would have told me 2 years ago that I would have ran not 1 but 3 half marathons and a Triathlon Sprint, I would have laughed. Not only I have accomplished these goals, but I have improved my speed and my endurance. I am not the fastest runner, but I just keep plugging along.

Now I am starting the journey towards the hardest goal I ever set for myself. A full Marathon - yes 26.2 Miles. I like to think of it in these terms - Run 42 Kilometers while I am still 42. Is it going to be easy NO. Is it going to be worth it - YES.

So hopefully you will join me on this journey. I know I will need all of the encouragement I can get. This blog is going to help me verbalize all of my successes, fears, hurts, and hopefully no injuries.

Looking forward to 2014.

Shari

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started this blog, Shari, and I'm really excited to follow along on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will amaze you at what you are able to do before you even reach the day of the event. Your body achieves what your mind believes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to following along, Shari!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing goal Shari - you can do this for sure! Anything you need just let me know!

    ReplyDelete